Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Quick draw challenge

Feeling a bit sorry for myself today. Got a nasty cold which made its way to my chest and over the weekend I lost my voice, so i'm literally speechless at the moment :(
The other half is probably jumping for joy as we speak ha ha.

Anyway despite the coughing, spluttering and sneezing, like a trooper i'm still checking in with today's quick draw. Right for those of you who don't already know this is how it all works:

Every Tuesday (or most at least) I host a teeny weeny drawing challenge on here at 10am-ish. I post a thingy to draw, selected by a 'random word generator' and there are 3 rules to be followed before drawing can start:

1. Drawings must be done without any external visual reference, so from mental reference only.
2. Drawing has a time limit of five minutes.
3. The drawing must be in ink from the off. So no drawing in pencil and then tracing over the line.

I'll then draw the thingy and if any of you keen doodler drawers would like to enter you can send me a photo or scan of your drawing as a JPEG image either by email to lucyfarfort@yahoo.com or comment on the post with a link to your drawing that I can download from the internet. Or if you wish you can tweet me a link to the pic on Twitter which is what most do.
I'll post all the submissions at the end of the day for the world to see, normally around 5-6pm (UK time). No prizes, its just for fun.

Today's randomly selected thingy is 'ANIMAL'
Happy drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment