Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Quick draw and website news

Is it that time already? Apparently so. The weeks are rushing by, the big wedding day is hurtling towards me & the other 1/2 at an alarming rate. Yikes and theres still a load to do! I've got to design & make the table decorations, finish the bunting, make flags, create the signs and lots more. However i've somehow still managed to find time to update the dusty old website which often gets neglected.

After wrestling with some tantrum throwing html code, the site is now looking a bit more polished, with a new animated banner, a brand spanking new portfolio page with my new illustrations and a new about page. I would love it if you'd hope over and take a look http://www.lucyshappyplace.com/

Now for the quick draw and the obligatory recap -
Every Tuesday (or most at least) I host a little drawing challenge on here where at 10am-ish I post a thing to draw, selected by a 'random word generator' and there are 3 rules to be followed before drawing can start:

1. Drawings must be done without any external visual reference, so from mental reference only.
2. Drawing has a time limit of five minutes.
3. The drawing must be in ink from the off. So no drawing in pencil and then tracing over the line.

I will then draw the thing and if any of you keen doodler drawers would like to enter you can send me a photo or scan of your drawing as a JPEG image either by email to lucyfarfort@yahoo.com or comment on the post with a link to your drawing that I can download from the internet. Or if you wish you can tweet me a link to the pic on Twitter.
I'll post all the submissions at the end of the day for the world to see, normally around 5-6pm (UK time). No prizes, its just for fun.

Today's draw word is a nice easy one & leaves much room for playing around with:
MEAL

Check back later for the pretty picture(s)!

No comments:

Post a Comment