Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Something a bit different

No i'm afraid its not the usual quick draw challenge today, sorry about that. Instead i've decided to post about a new piece of work for the children's story collaboration.
Its been a while since I did a new illustration for the project so I spent some of last week working on one. Unfortunately due to time my blog posts have become less frequent as i've had to take time away from this to do other work, mainly working towards my long term goal of becoming a published (one day) children's illustrator.
I may have to give up the quick draw posts altogether ...*gasp*. Not something I want to do as I very much enjoy them but time at the moment is very limited particularly with the wedding and recently acquiring some long term freelance illustration work with a Canadian based business - oooo get me i've gone global!! Haha.
So no draw today but instead heres a pretty picture. This is an illustration of the story's title character 'Dizzy Dandy' and his side-kick Mr Timpkins, getting ready for action:

























Hope it makes up a little for the lack of quick draw. Right, back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment