Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Quick draw and more

Oh dear I must first apologise for my lack of blogging last week. Unfortunately I wasn't at home to do the quick draw last Tuesday as I had to work in the office that day and then was away for the weekend from Friday morning so didn't get a chance to do a Friday post either.
Also i've been busy beavering away at my website which is in dire need of a revamp and working on a new commission for someone. Plus the wedding is only 8 weeks away now so i'm having to get my skates on with making table decorations and such like.
Wowser thats a lot of excuses, but I think you understand now why i've not been around on the blog.

So i'm trying to get back to blogging normality this week. First off I want to show you a little sneaky glimpse at the new portfolio page on my website. Its not linked up yet to the rest of the website so you'll only be able to get there via this link if you fancy a little looky.

Okay now back to the serious business at hand - 'the quick draw challenge' and in case you're unaware how it heres a recap -
Every Tuesday (or most at least) I host a little drawing challenge on here where at 10am-ish I post a thing to draw, selected by a 'random word generator' and there are 3 rules to be followed before drawing can start:

1. Drawings must be done without any external visual reference, so from mental reference only.
2. Drawing has a time limit of five minutes.
3. The drawing must be in ink from the off. So no drawing in pencil and then tracing over the line.

I will then draw the thing and if any of you keen doodler drawers would like to enter you can send me a photo or scan of your drawing as a JPEG image either by email to lucyfarfort@yahoo.com or comment on the post with a link to your drawing that I can download from the internet. Or if you wish you can tweet me a link to the pic on Twitter.
I'll post all the submissions at the end of the day for the world to see, normally around 5-6pm (UK time). No prizes, its just for fun.

The object to draw today is INSTRUMENT
Which leaves a lot of room for interpretation, so if you're able to enter - have fun!
Sees you later with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment