Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Friday 30 May 2014

Fishy business

It was my intention today to do a post about a show and tell illustration session I did with a lovely group of kids at a local library yesterday morning as part of a half term project. I was meant to take pictures of all their fab work and character drawings, but unfortunately in all the excitement I completely forgot to take a single photo so that post has kind of gone out the window.

Instead I thought I would share a work in progress in its sketch stage.
A little while back I mentioned that the writing bug had bitten me, at which point there were 3 complete picture book stories. Now however there are five and this image is for one of the newest. I wasn't actually going to do any images for this but I have had a bit of interest from a publisher and they wanted to see some artwork for it so this is mainly for them:





















Will update you if anything exciting comes out of it, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment