Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Friday 9 May 2014

Done!

As i've now written 3 picture book texts, i'm trying to get a few illustrations together for each to send to potential publishers. This illustration is for the second manuscript I wrote called 'Come out and play' a kind of tongue-in-cheek, humorous story poking fun at modern society, in a child frienly way of course.

This illustration is a double page spread for the last part of the story. It started life as a pencil drawing:












Then it was worked up into a painting. I had to split it into two separate sections, as a) I didn't have any suitable paper big enough, and b) my scanner only takes up to A4 size paper. I think i may have to invest in a larger pad.




















Lastly it was finished in PhotoShop. Ta da! Heres the final thing -












Hope you like the cheeky egg on head detail which came to me in a moment of sillyness whilst was working up the original sketch :^)


No comments:

Post a Comment