Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Quick Draw Challenge

Hello folks hope you've got your pens at the ready as its time to announce today's quick draw object of choice.
First a quick recap - every Tuesday I hold a little challenge on here from 10am (or roundabouts) for myself and any other lovely art folks who would like to take part, whereby a thing/object/item is selected at random by a 'random word generator' for me/us to draw.
To take part there are 3 rules:
1. You must draw without any external visual reference, so from mental reference only.
2. You must draw it in a time limit of five minutes.
3. You must draw it in pen straight off. So no drawing in pencil and then tracing over the line.

I will then draw that thing/object/item and if any of you would like to enter you can send me a pic of your drawing as a JPEG image either by email to lucyfarfort@yahoo.com or comment on the post with a link to your drawing that I can download from the internet.
I'll then post all the submissionsat the end of the day for the world to see, normally around 5-6pm (UK time).  No prizes, its just for fun.

So the word today is (and oddly enough quite topical):

'POPE'

Yep thats the word randomly picked...strange but true! So get drawing  - remember you can only draw from memory, so hopefully given theres been lots of stuff on the news recently re the new one it shouldn't be too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment