Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Monday 31 October 2011

The weekend that was

Having managed to cram quite a bit in this weekend, I thought I would bore you all and give you a little run down on what I got up to ;)

Firstly I put 2 Christmas cards (Snow Globe and Gingerbread Forest) and a new coaster featuring my 'Autumn Rain' illustration on Etsy and Folksy:






















Large image

Sat afternoon we visited town to source some more bits for my spider costume and find something for Dave's get up - a last minute effort. Town was heaving with people and judging by the long queue for the fancy dress shop most had a Halloween night out in mind.
For Dave’s zombie costume (if all else fails go as a zombie) we began a hunt for fake blood. Unfortunately everyone else in Newcastle seemed to have the same idea so there was none to be found anywhere. Luckily we managed to find two phials of the stuff left over from previous years, gathering dust in a cupboard at home.

Our resulting efforts looked like this:


















All set we headed off to ‘Fright Night’ at the Baltic, where once again there were some pretty awesome costumes. The best for me (even though he didn’t win a prize) was a guy who went as Jack Torrance in the Shining. The scene when ‘Jack’ puts his head through the door after chopping through it with an axe. He spent the night with his head through a constructed piece of smashed up door and an axe in his hand. Inspired! Wish I had my camera.

Despite drinking too much at the Halloween bash I managed to wake up on Sunday with only a mild hangover and felt surprisingly motivated. So I added the selection of makers and artists getting involved in an online handmade Christmas gift trade, which I wrote about in this post. The trade is now on!
It should be lots of fun and a great way to get some gorgeous Christmas gifts. If you would like to take a peek at the traders taking part click on the 'Maker Christmas Trade (North East)' tab. Also the more the merrier, so if you’re a maker/artist in the North East & would like to take part please read how it works: http://lucyfarfort.blogspot.com/2011/09/maker-christmas-trade-for-north-east.html and send me your info. I’ll only be adding new submissions until the end of this week, so you will need to send me your details asap of you’d like to take part.

So that was my weekend. Hope you all had a good one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment