Getting out of bed these past couple of days has become increasingly difficult due to the arctic conditions that exist outside the safety of my duvet cover. In my part of the world, up in that there Northern place - Newcastle Upon Tyne, it is flipping cold. Its only October and it feels like mid-winter already. To top it off our house is freezing and I sit here typing this post in a huge old parka, relegated for use as a house coat. It may be tatty but its warm and I call it my sleeping bag coat.
Sorry to be the harbinger of doom but judging by the last few days I'm guessing this year's gonna be another freezing winter. So in preparation for the bitter onslaught, I've themed this FF post on things to help you keep warm this winter.
1. The hat to have in my opinion is this gorgeous beret hat from a knit for all seasons who have loads of lovely items:
2. I‘ve fallen in love with the knitting style and colour of this lovely scarf. Its simple and elegant.
3. Still on a scarf tip as you can never have too many, i found this fab neck warmer. I'm a sucker for anything teal/turquoise.
4. This eye catching shawl from shawl the crafty bride will add some colour to your winter wardrobe. Fab!
5. Keep your hands warm, with these cute powder blue mittens:
6. I can definitely see myslf sat in front of the fire with a good book and this blanket over my knees. You must check out the crochet in this shop its seriously good.
7. I love these cute knee length woolly socks, they look sooo cosy.
8. Last on my list is a coat. An essential bit of winter kit and this one is beautiful. Its got such a flattering cut, so you can be stylish and warm at the same time.
Keep cosy everyone.