I intended to have this theme for my Folksy Friday post last week but didn’t get a chance to post (sorry), but this week it’s getting an airing. I’m going down the rainbow road (a little nod there to Mario Kart fans) simply because my eyes are always attracted to bright, multi-coloured stuff. I've never really been one for pastel shades or muted subtle tones. Although saying that, I do admire artists who can restrain themselves and limit their use of colour, as i find it incredibly difficult to do this in my work.
This theme is more about the use of colour than rainbows themselves. It may be a little out of season now the nights a drawing in and the chill is in the air, but hey I hope it brightens your day.
1. I Love this fun and stylish rainbow cubes t-shirt by illustrator Alicia Yolanda, currently on sale for a bargain price of £7!! She has some brilliant stuff in her shop, go take a peek.
2. There is not much i need to say about this stained glass panel from Dimo Glass except that it is simply stunningly beautiful:
3. Another eye-catcher is this simple and sweet little glass rainbow ornament by Abunda. Very pretty.
4. One of my favourite Folksy shops is the Rainbow Room from Clara Luna and I couldn’t possibly have a rainbow themed FF post without featuring something from this shop. This little beaut is inspired:
5. Look at this piece of awesomeness from Emma Farnworth. I’ve seen some lovely necklaces incorporating stamps, but this really is something else:
6. This luscious and hypnotic art print from Dig the Earth would look great in my work room. Unfortunately there seems to be no stock in their shop today, although when i began writing this post there was, so perhaps check back in the future to see their lovely stuff.
7. I came across this cute tote available at the fabulous bags shop:
8. Check out this amazing collage artwork by Caroline Rose who has some absolutely beautiful work in her shop -