Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Wednesday 7 September 2011

An invitation for the BIG day

For a while now i've been thinking about offering my illustration services for wedding invitations. Such a lovely thing to be involved in don't you think? Creating a piece of work for such a special and personal day.

The plan is to produce some stock designs for my site, Folksy & Etsy shops, that can be customised for individual couples. As well as these stock designs, I also want to offer people a bespoke service, where a one off invitation is created exclusively for that particular couple.
The only very slight set back is that if i'm going to print the invites myself it will need to be for a limited number of invitations as i don't think my printer would be capable of producing the number of invites required for a 'Kate and Wills' style wedding ha ha. Not that i expect to be designing for the stars, nor particularly want to. Hey who knows if Jordan gets married again i could be in there!

Although i had thought about this earlier in the year, one thing or another got in the way so i didn't get time to put my plan into action properly. However i produced the 'Bunny balloon' illustration below with this in mind and i intend this to be one of my stock designs.


I seem to have quite a few friends getting hitched in the near future. Congratulations to all of you! Looking forward to dancing around like an idiot at your receptions.
It is from here that i will have first commission. I'm delighted and honoured to be designing the invites for my friend's Erin Hill-Parks and Dave Phillip's wedding as my first commission. I'm very excited to start the invites and of course go the wedding which is in the beautiful setting of Lake Orta, Italy. Need to start saving now!

I've noticed that some of the prices for wedding stationery are exorbitant and i really want to make my designs as affordable as possible, because i'm pretty sure weddings aren't cheap affairs ;) Also as a fan of the DIY budget wedding, i would like my service to be accessible for these as well. So if anyone has friends, family or are themselves thinking about doing the deed and are on the look out for some wedding invites with a difference i would love to hear from you.

Once i've completed the invite for Dave's and Erin's big day i will definitely show it off on here, so keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment