Today I am going to be a theme thief because the FF post is all about exploration and this is also one half of the theme for the next issue of Novel magazine and that is where I got the idea from.
I've been working on a new illustration for the next issue of Novel magazine most of this week, so I thought why not tie that in my post today.
I'll also reveal the new illustration for Novel once the said issue is published. Right lets go explore:
1. You can't go trekking without knowing which direction your going in first, well you can but you'll probably get lost, so this lovely little trinket should help:
2. Whilst exploring the land of Folksy I came across this captivating, original painting for sale in the Cheery Deary shop:
3. This vintage style, safari print leather camera strap will certainly help you look like an intrepid adventurer. Right where's my safari suit?
4 .You'll need a Journal to help document your finds so how about one of these lovely classic leather bound journals (they're so fab I couldn't decide between them). This one from Susan Green Books:
or this available at Earthworks Journals:
5. I love this unique map covered toy chest. A great way to stimulate kids imagination - all those wonderful adventures just waiting to be set free from the chest.
6. To me exploring conjures up images of being in the countryside. Particularly walking and rock climbing, as this is something I love doing. Therefore I've selected this beautiful carved walking stick to assist in getting up those steep trails:
7. A must for the modern day adventurer is a GPS. I stumbled across a very cute Sat Nav case by pip designs.
8. My last featured item today is this sweet little trinket box, perfect for storing your cache on return from your adventures. You'll find this in the Aladdin's cave of a Folksy shop 'Zuzu's Petals Altered Art 'n' Stuff'.
Right friends, lets go adventuring!