Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Friday 5 August 2011

Folksy Friday - Columbus eat your heart out

Today I am going to be a theme thief because the FF post is all about exploration and this is also one half of the theme for the next issue of Novel magazine and that is where I got the idea from.
I've been working on a new illustration for the next issue of Novel magazine most of this week, so I thought why not tie that in my post today.
I'll also reveal the new illustration for Novel once the said issue is published. Right lets go explore:

1. You can't go trekking without knowing which direction your going in first, well you can but you'll probably get lost, so this lovely little trinket should help:
Large image

2. Whilst exploring the land of Folksy I came across this captivating, original painting for sale in the Cheery Deary shop:

Large image

3. This vintage style, safari print leather camera strap will certainly help you look like an intrepid adventurer. Right where's my safari suit?

Large image

4 .You'll need a Journal to help document your finds so how about one of these lovely classic leather bound journals (they're so fab I couldn't decide between them). This one from Susan Green Books:
Large image

or this available at Earthworks Journals:

Large image

5. I love this unique map covered toy chest. A great way to stimulate kids imagination - all those wonderful adventures just waiting to be set free from the chest.

Large image

6. To me exploring conjures up images of being in the countryside. Particularly walking and rock climbing, as this is something I love doing. Therefore I've selected this beautiful carved walking stick to assist in getting up those steep trails:

Large image

7. A must for the modern day adventurer is a GPS. I stumbled across a very cute Sat Nav case by pip designs.

Large image

8. My last featured item today is this sweet little trinket box, perfect for storing your cache on return from your adventures. You'll find this in the Aladdin's cave of a Folksy shop 'Zuzu's Petals Altered Art 'n' Stuff'.

Large image

Right friends, lets go adventuring!

6 comments:

  1. thank you for including me :)
    Z x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely choices love the carved walking stitck and the map covered trunk wety inspiring can't wait to go off on my travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds! I shall look forward to reading through your other blog posts when I sneak a bit of spare time to myself :-)

    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...super choices...I particularly like the little trinket box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really nice and interesting selection :) I especially love the compass and boat print!

    Leanne x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely... I very much want that trunk!

    Flo :)

    ReplyDelete