Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Thursday 29 September 2011

Folksy Friday - Time flies if you’re having fun or not

What?! Its October tomorrow, already?
It occurs to me that once you reach a certain age, say 18, the concept of time begins to change. When once waiting for the arrival of a holiday, your birthday and Christmas seemed like an eternity, it increasingly starts to feel like Christmas comes a lot more than once a year.
Tomorrow is October, yes and I can scarcely believe it. More worrying still is that at the age of 32 and having been told on many occasions that time will only move quicker, I estimate that in about 20 or so years, it will feel to me that an average year will last about 3 months. Well that’s depressing isn’t it (sorry) :-/
On a brighter note lets look at some lovely things I’ve found on Folksy with my chosen theme of time this week:


1. This time next year I’m going to be a millionaire! My first featured is this colourful, framed, collage artwork by 100 percent delicate

Large image

2. The workmanship in this beautiful, pine, country house style wall clock, is pretty special. Available from Cheshire Woodware.


Large image

3. Could be something to help slow down time - a luscious sounding anti-ageing cream from NOG. I admit I 'm a bit of a lotions and potions addict and this sounds lovely so I may give it a go:

Large image

4. I love this sweet little felt brooch made to look like a pocket watch by Kaela Mills. What a lovely little idea.


Large image


5. This cute rocket clock from Jigsaw Wooden Products, would make a wonderful addition to a children’s room.


Large image


6. I really love this rustic looking, Time Flies metal hanging from Kettle of Fish, who have lots of very lovely things in their shop which you must go see.


Large image

7. The Bookity folks have created this super cool wallet, created from the ‘Brief History of Time’ book. What an inspired idea!


Large image

8. My final pick for today is this innovative and functional pin master pin cushion, available from the Cajame Creations shop.


Large image

Before I say toodle pip, I want to sneak in this extra little item. It has nothing to do with time (except when I was searching for time themed things strangely it came up), but it is so intriguingly geeky and wonderful that I decided just to put it in anyway:


Large image

Now I better get back to work, no time to waste!

1 comment: