Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Monday 18 July 2011

Newbies

Hope you all had a good weekend. I had a great time despite the torrential down-pours, as it was Dave's graduation so it involved lots of bubbly which is always a bonus.

Just a quick update to let you know whats new in my world. Firstly my illustration for Novel magazine has been published. This is the full thing revealed as in a previous post I only unveiled a snippet:

Unfortunately due to limited space in the magazine it was published online rather than in print.

You can find it here and read the article that it accompanies:
http://www.novelmagazine.co.uk/index.php/2011/07/why-do-whales-pee-through-a-hole-in-their-head/











The other thing i wanted to update you on is my exhibition along with 16 other North East based illustrators. The exhibition officially opens on the 2nd August and goes on till 25th Aug. There will also be a pop-up shop throughout the event, selling the exhibiting artist's work . To find out more visit the Facebook page

Here is the lovely poster designed by Laura Cartwright:



















I am now selling my work in Winkin Bitsy's Tiny Emporium a lovely little shop in Ferryhill, County Durham, run by a fellow artists Helen Temperley. Visit the Winkin Bitsy Facebook page to get all their latest news.
You can now also buy my framed prints online via the lovely Number 18 Maison Boutique shop website.

No comments:

Post a Comment