If you haven't already guessed by the post's title this week the Folksy Friday theme is the woods, although I suppose from the title it could also have been teddy bears or picnics for that matter. Yet it is indeed all things forest related, so today you will find loads of lovely handmade goodies nestling in the branches and Folksy foliage.
The reason for choosing this theme was down to discovering by a wonderful forest themed treasury on Etsy. Plus I love trees which is pretty evident in a lot of my work such as 'tree house retreat', so i thought why not.
To make the items as varied as possible I've selected items from as many different categories as possible.
1. I spied this super funky wooden fox pendant necklace available from the Finest Imaginery shop. A piece of jewellery thats sure to get your friends asking where you got that from.
2. I love the colours in this vegan soap. Its at times like this when I wish someone had invented smell-o-vision. Unfortunately there is only 1 item in the shop at the moment but hopefully there will be more soon.
3. I couldn't possible have a forest theme without featuring the work of one of my favourite artists and Folksy/Etsy sellers, seeing as so much of her work depicts woodland. This print by Hidden Eloise is one of my favourites in the Hide and Seek shop:
4. There are loads of great items in the Superfumi shop and this woodland fawn brooch of theirs is soo cute I just couldn't resist having the little thing in my feature. Adorable!
5. Found these little chaps in the ZM felt store. I can see these making a great decoration in a living room. I love the warm earthy colours and the way they've used the real caps from acorns.
6. Take a goosey gander at this gorgeous with its huge feature side pocket and golden zip. I love that the design is so innovative and incredibly stylish. You'd be sure to turn heads with this: could wear it during the day or e think its so stylish and the design is so design. skirt
7. Another item swiftly added to my favoutites is this lovely little red riding hood cushion available at the Whistling Cowgirl shop. Hm think I'm gonna need some more paper for my Christmas list. Shame its so far away as i imagine this lovely will be snapped up way before then.
8. Tea lovers take note - your tea pot needs this! I don't think anyone would fail to be captivated by this amazingly intricate forest green tea cosy by Andrea Lesley. Absolutely beautiful:
9. One last one for the list is this eye catching green striped knitted bag . Okay its connection with the forest is fairly vague, but it is green and its so stunning i had to have it in :)
Thats all folks, have a great weekend. Over and out!
And by the way if you would like to contribute to my 'Lucy Needs That Green Skirt Fund' feel free ;-)