Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Mid week update

Wow its Wednesday already, how? Is it me or is time passing at the speed of light these days. Since going full time on my illustration work, weirdly i seem to almost have less time to do the work than i had when I was part-time.

My main focus so far this week was creating an editorial illustration for Novel Magazine, to accompany a pretty off beat piece of text written by another contributor, who judging but the piece has a penchant for philosophy.
I've now almost pretty much completed the image and will shortly be sending this off to Novel Mag, which i think will be in either the next issue or one after. Anyway as its not yet published I can't really reveal it here, well not just yet anyway. However i have uploaded this small snippet to whet your appetite.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it in print, i've been wanting to submit something for ages.

Yesterday I received that wonderful news that i've been selected along with another 17 illustrators to take part in an exhibition in August called 'Illustration NE Now' at Sanctuary Artspace in Gateshead. Yay!! There were 50 applicants and I was starting to lose hope that i would be included but the email came yesterday and i'm really excited. It will be so good to meet up with some fellow illustrators too. This is the 2nd year of the event, which is still being organised at the moment so i will post a link to the exhibition once event is up.

Also i've been trying to list regularly, or at least have some more stuff listed on my Etsy shop.
Originally I intended just to stick to Folksy, but i'm of the opinion that i need to get my work in as many places as possible, so thought I would try and maintain both. Its pretty tricky timewise, especially seeing as they both require diff photo sizes. Maybe i'm spreading myself too thinly but hard to know what to do for the best - flip i need a manager damn it!!
Anyway if you get a chance please take a look at my Etsy shop which is now looking nice an full(ish): http://www.etsy.com/shop/lucyfarfort

Oh and another thing, you may have noticed I've produced a list of all the craft and art related markets/fairs in and around Newcastle, well most of them hopefully. I want this to be a useful resource to those new to the area, new makers, or just those looking for alternative places to sell from. I get a lot of queries about markets from people,probably because of my involvement in MiN and from the days when I was co-running the Make and Mend Market. There are loads now, so rather than sending individual emails, I thought it wise to make a list. I'm asking for the help of local makers and artists who have been to these events to help me update it, grow it and ensure its accurate. Check out my extensive list here or click on the new tab just underneath my blog banner.

One more? Why not. I've just got an A1 sized U.S. flag through the post, which I said I'd customise for Unbox Shop for their 'Charity Flag Raffle'.
Hmmm.....remember what i said about a holiday, well i need one more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment