You may have noticed that i'm now making a big effort to try & update my blog regularly, given that in the recent past there have been some cavernous gaps between installments. As part of an attempt to do this have decided to start my very own Folksy Friday posts. For those of you who don't already know, these highlight the beautiful work of independent artists/makers offering their work on Folksy.
There is only one problem with this, i've seen so much lovely stuff around on the tinterweb that i'm finding it incredibly difficult to limit myself just to Folksy goodies. Therefore on a more occasional basis i'm going do a 'Feast Your Eyes' post and gather up some other gorgeous artifacts i've come across elsewhere on the www. for you to see.
Also to help me narrow down my options there will be a theme for each FF & FYE post.
So for my first ever FF post today the theme is 'holidays'. Why? Cause I need a damn holiday and fast, so this will be like a precursor to the real thing. Not that i've got a holiday booked yet, but I intend to soon - even if its 2 days next to the duck pond in my local park with a book & a Mojito cocktail hidden in a brown paper bag. Here's what i found:
1. Firstly if your going away you require a wash bag. That is unless of course you're my boyfriend - then you can dump your toothbrush, paste and shower gel into crumpled supermarket carrier bag complete with holes which is bound to spill out it's wet contents and make a mess of your luggage. However if you wanna do it super cute style then get your mitts on this 'Fleur the Cat Drawstring Washbag':
2. I don't think I've ever been on a beach holiday as I like my breaks to be packed full of cool stuff to do, normally not much of a break really. At the moment what I really want is a beach based trip 'cause i'm knackered. I want some sun and a warm blue sea for a nice relaxing dip. To do this without donning my ride-up-my-rear-end 8 yr old costume, a new cozy is in order. I stumbled across this fab retro style red & white strip bikini swimming costume:
3. Following on from my dreams of sun and sea it reminded me of the lovely Surf and Silver jewellery shop. This lady makes the most charming silver jewellery with stunning sea glass features found on the beaches of the North East coastline. I love the eye catching teal green colour in this black and green sea glass pendant. Its my favourite in their Folksy shop at the moment:
4. Now i need something to put my holiday gear in. Yes you guessed it a suitcase of course. I found this love-able little gem of an up-cycled suitcase by Love by You
Its so cute that i'd be using it all the time not just for holidays, but to carry my sandwiches into work and everything:
5. The likelihood is I'm going to have to wait at least a month or two before I get my coveted break, so in the meantime i'll have to make do with dreaming about getting away. This lovely sun mosaic mirror helped me do just that. It really reminds me of the kind of décor you'd find in gorgeous Spanish villas drenched in the sun:
6. Another item to transport me to far away exotic lands, at least mentally, is this African print bunting by Karen Arthur of Reddskinbags. Its so vibrant and will certainly get you in the summer mood and perk up any room or garden with its vivid colours. It would look great in my garden - well back yard:
7. For my final featured item i'm back on a sea tip. I've picked this wonderful 'Maiden of the Sea' illustration print on sale at the Crumpetty Tree shop
I adore the colours in this image and i'm really into images that use lined pattern at the moment so this is right up my street. I particularly like the cute origami whale on the waves. Don't you think it would look awesome on a bathroom wall?
So that is it for my inaugural Folksy Friday post. I hope you enjoyed it and its got you in the holiday spirit. Bring on the sun!!