Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Animal mug shots

When it comes to the colouring in bit for my illustrations I often use predominantly digital techniques. For ages I've wanted to revert to using more traditional media such as paint, ink etc, or at least have this play a bigger part in the image, but I'm sort of out of practice, so i'm setting myself a weekly task which will hopefully help me brush up (no pun intended) my inking abilities.
This little project will also be a regular blog feature.

Once a week i'll create a 5 x 5ins 'bust style' original illustration, of a different animal character and post the result here. My even start taking requests if I can keep this up for long enough.
Right here is the first of many (I hope) complete with his own bio:























Name: Gerald
Age: 14
Favourite colour: Red
Favourite food: Red Mangrove leaves
Favourite quote: The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have. Woody Allen

Once I get into the swing of things a bit more I'll start a weekly giveaway of the mug shot original or print.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/being_happy.html#x4d4HpGRdTiGYBst.9Once i get into the swing of things a bit more I'll also start a weekly giveaway of the mug shot original or print.

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks Michaele. I definitely need more practice though :)

    ReplyDelete