Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Tuesday 8 April 2014

A finished image, perfect for this sunny day

Friday's invisible (non existent) blog post was down to a desperate bid to finish this piece off so that I could submit it in time to Hallmark Creative Design Studio's Kool for Kids competition.
I knew there wouldn't be much of a chance to work on over the weekend as we were going kayaking on the Border Esk for a good chunk of it (which was pretty flipping scary & fast as the water levels were quite high), so something had to give and it was the usual Friday post.
Really pleased that I managed to finished it off, and even if it doesn't get anywhere in the comp i'm planning on using it as a card design and maybe selling it as a print in the shop at some point down the line:

























Since posting the sketch last Tuesday, you'll notice I altered the border so it now encases the characters and brings the whole design together.
Hope you like it. I don't yet have a title for the illustration so if you can think of something fitting then i would love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment