Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Friday 11 July 2014

Deer Friends

This new illustration has taken far longer than I wanted it too. Sometimes when i'm developing a piece of work it can be a real battle, especially when things don't quite work out the way I expect them to & have to make more alterations and additions than originally intended. This was one of those pieces.
When an illustration starts taking shape I always have a vision for what the final result will look like, but particularly with my more recent style of working i'm never quite sure where its going to take me & theres often a self doubt period of 'oh shit this isn't going to work'. Perhaps i shouldn't really be sharing this admission, but on the plus side so far though it has worked out and the result is often better than i expected.

Anyway i'm dedicating this piece to my sister Jennifer, whose been going through & has gone through some very tough times. Its just a token to express how I'll always be there and to say thanks to her for being a wonderful role model and influence over the years. Without her I may never have got through my New Kids on The Block phase, and would now probably be listening to James Blunt or something, hahaha. I wish I could make a positive difference to her life as much as she has to mine, and somehow erase all the crap that shes had to contend with, but I can't.
All I can do is say i'm here for you my dear sister and friend -



No comments:

Post a Comment