Welcome to the my blog. My name is Lucy Farfort i'm a freelance illustrator & designer maker. This is where you can find out what i've been up to of late, read my attempts at a decent post & the rantings of a visual addict. Hope you like it. You can contact me to say 'hi' by email on lucy@lucyshappyplace.com
If you would like to take a look at my work (& i would very much like you to) please visit my site:
lucyshappyplace.com

Friday 22 November 2013

Gone for a paddle

Last weekend we went on a kayaking trip o High Borrans in the Lake District with the canoe club, 'Tynemouth Canoe and Waveski Club' to be precise. This was our second time there as its an annual outing run by the club.
I paddled two rivers, with stretches of low grade, (low stress) white water rapids, played games ate lots of nice food, drank, chatted and generally had an ace time.
Plus the huge bonus for me was that I learnt loads about how to position the kayak and managed not to fall out once!!
One of the club members in my group had a camera and took lots of lovely photos, so i've picked a few to share with you -

Here's Dave and I in our gear:



















I'm the one in the yellow kayak with the blue helmet.



























Here's Dave on a play wave -



















Oh and here's me paddling a small rapid:




















Now all i've got to do is learn to roll!
Byeeee & happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment